Anyone want some CHOCOLATE????? Well welcome to chocolate world!!!!
Hershey, PA is the place where Milton Hershey invented the chocolate bar. We decided to take a trip there for our last hurrah of the summer. As soon as we drove into the town Alex announced that he could already smell the chocolate and you really could!
Inside the chocolate world they give you a free chocolate making tour and then you REALLY can small the chocolate. The singing cows told us parts of the story.
You get to go on a seated ride for the tour. It was pretty amazing!

The chocolate and milk mixing. At the end thank heavens you get a free sample, it would be pure torture if you didn't! Speaking of which I will be right back all this talk of chocolate and now I need some. Please excuse me while I go indulge.

Alex and Mason got to see what it would be like to work in the factory.

Alex working on the line boxing some Hershey kisses.

Mason got his turn too!
We also got to go on a trolley tour of the town! It was a really family fun tour with two actors changing characters/costumes and acting out the Hershey story.

Jacob's firs trolley tour

The boys couldn't wait and were happy the trolley conductor passed out chocolate throughout the tour!

The street names all have something to do with Chocolate.

The real factory where thousand of chocolates are made every day.

If you look at the street lamps you will noticve they are all Hershey kisses. Some wrapped and some unwrapped.

What a fun chocolate experience!
Next we were off to Hershey Park which is right next to Hershey World.

As a fun way to let you know how tall you had to be for rides you were measured by candy. Alex was barley a Hershey bar and could ride a total of 43 rides. I think he could ride more rides than me and Jeff because he could still ride the kiddie rides and a lot of the big rides too!

Mason was a Hershey kiss. He was 2 inches short from being a Reece's, but he still got on a couple of Reece's rides. One called the super dooper looper. It was an upside down big person roller coaster. I have never seen him smile so big. He LOVED it. He is a crazy man I tell ya! Alex loved it too and I think they rode it more than any other ride!

Alex thought the carousel was too much of a "baby" ride for him but I know he really liked it. He won't admit to it though.

I think Mason thought it was a real horse. He tried stopping it, turning it, and racing it!



Jacob got to go on more rides than I thought he would.


He even got to go on a little kiddie log ride! WAHOOOOO!!!

Alex and Mason with Mr. KitKat himself.

Jeff got to try surfing in the water park. He loved it! The water park was not my favorite part of the day. Some how I managed to lose Alex's shoe and Jeff's wallet so we spent much time looking for both. Luckily after some prayers and some faith both were found and the wallet had everything in it. I am so happy there are still many honest people in the world today!

It was a fun couple of days and it was great to spend time as a family and make so many fun memories. On the way home Jeff and I were thinking back over the summer and how may fun things we got to do together. Both of us agreed that our kids have done WAY more things at their age then we ever did as children. For one thing they have practically been all over the united states. Alex has probably been on more types of train than any other kid his age. Maybe we should check and see if he can get in the Guinness book of world records!! ha ha We are truly blessed as a family and I am thankful for all of the great adventures we have been able to share. I know however that even if we hadn't gotten to do all of these fun things that we would still be a happy family with so many other even more important blessing that we have every day at home. Home is where the heart is! I love you my family!
I LOVE Chocolate World! I really enjoyed this post. Brought back lots of memories.
ReplyDeleteWow! That looks and sounds like so much fun. :)
ReplyDeleteWish we could have joined you guys... cant wait for this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun place. Allison just went there with her 6 kids (you should look it up on her blog, it was really funny)
ReplyDeleteYou are like me, I take all of the pictures, and I am never in them (for good reason)