Last night before I went to bed my hands smelled like chopped onions, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic, and now as I am typing this the house is filled with the delicious smell of salsa. The smell is so yummy you want to lick the air! This summer we have been doing a ton of picking! We have picked strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and tomatoes. And with those we have made mouth watering strawberry and blackberry jam, to die for blueberry muffins, the sweetest canned peaches, and now fire burning salsa that I canned. Still on our list raspberries and apples. I can't wait for the apple sauce. Here is one of our picking trips.......
My picking partner and our families.
Mason and Alex both got a peck of peaches for free for doing the summer reading program. Sweet!
Showing us their stuff!
Jacob has been in peach heaven ever since we went.
This summer was my 1st time canning peaches. It really wasn't to hard at all. And I learned the trick of how to get the peels off super easy! who knew that if you boiled them for a minute and then put them in ice water a miracle would happen. When the skin came off they were BEAUTIFUL they looked like porcelain. It was my 1st time canning and making salsa all by myself.( Kara I thought of you the whole time wishing you were here with me!!!) I never thought I would be one to can but I have actually really enjoyed it and feel like I am doing something good for my family.

This summer was my 1st time canning peaches. It really wasn't to hard at all. And I learned the trick of how to get the peels off super easy! who knew that if you boiled them for a minute and then put them in ice water a miracle would happen. When the skin came off they were BEAUTIFUL they looked like porcelain. It was my 1st time canning and making salsa all by myself.( Kara I thought of you the whole time wishing you were here with me!!!) I never thought I would be one to can but I have actually really enjoyed it and feel like I am doing something good for my family.
Oh how I wish I lived across the street from you!! That way I can eat the yummy food you make!! :)
ReplyDeleteYU-U-MMY!!! I love summer for that reason, fresh fruit! Don't you feel so proud of yourself for being so self reliant? Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI am trying REALLY hard not to be jealous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun and YUMMY summer you guys have had.
Salsa is the best!
Well I missed out on salsa, maybe we can do applesauce together. Loved your posts! Miss you guys! The kids and I CAN NOT wait for the Red Cabose Weekend!!!
ReplyDeleteOh yum! I am jealous of those peaches!
ReplyDelete