Sunday, September 12, 2010

more adventures

JACOB NEWS

On August 30th Jacob turned 10 months old!

Some of his dislikes are, his room - he knows if he is going in there it means a nap or bed time so he cries every time we walk in there. He also really really does not like getting dressed or undressed. It is pure torture for both of us. His favorite things are eating big boy food, playing with his brothers, he loves to wrestle with them. It is really funny if Mason has a toy he wants he goes right over to him tackles him and takes the toy away.
That's what happens when your the third boy. You learn fast! He also love Woody from Toy Story and is quite good at pulling his string. Just before he turned 10 months he decided to let us know he could climb stairs. Very scary. Time for the baby gate!

I loved this picture of both of them sitting the same way. This is a favorite toy as well. For Mason as too as you can see!
ALEX NEWS
Alex had his 1st day of 1st grade! He was very excited!

He wanted a family picture, but Mason never wakes up in time for the bus.


Alex took one of us since I took the 1st one! He did a pretty good job
He is liking school so far, he no longer is nervous about having a locker all of his own and hasn't forgotten where it is at so far! Wahooo! He also seems to really like his teacher. He says she is always making the class laugh which I think is great!


He also lost one of his front teeth. It is so cute to see him with the missing teeth.


Today he said the funniest thing to me. His friend is getting baptised soon, so we were on the subject when he said" Mom they have to baptize you the right way because if they tip you back to far and your feet pop out of the water then your feet will still be full of sins." I love it.
Alex also started baseball of which I still have not taken any pictures of. He likes it for the most part. It is machine pitch so it is much harder than anticipated, lets just say he is learning to never give up and when he does hit the ball it is very satisfying!


MASON NEWS


Mason started his last year of preschool!



Lets just say he was very nervous about going and didn't really want to. I only got him excited to go because he got to wear his new shoes for the first time.
They are Buzz Lightyear and not only do they light up but they talk as well. Imagine that talking shoes! What will they think of next!?!?! Anyway he came home from school saying that he had a super fun day and can't wait to go again. Whew!!





Mason also started playing soccer! He has been waiting for 1 1/2 years to play
on a team and has been so excited about it ever since! Finally he is old enough!!!

Now that Alex and Mason are playing two different sports at the same time that is basically our life now between practices and games. I guess with 3 boys that will probably be our life for the next 15 years or so yeah for us! ha ha..

I love this Mason boy he is so clever. He knows he doesn't want to lie and so if he does something wrong and we ask him if he did it. He simply says " I'm not telling you" At the ripe old age of 4 he has already learned to plead the fifth! Of course as soon as he says that we know he is guilty as charged!

THE RED CABOOSE HOTEL!!!


We got to go on a super fun overnighter with two of our best friends from New York! We stayed at the red caboose hotel where you get to sleep in your own caboose! It is also in the middle of Amish country. I have so many questions about the Amish people now. Very interesting..



Kara, Emily, and Me
I don't know why we never get a picture of the guys.



They offer a free movie to watch outside on the side of a barn.




The kids all had so much fun being together again. It was hard to get all of their faces in the pictures! 11 kids total. Tyler, Ella, Kate, Mitch, Ben, Will, Spencer, Katie, Alex, Mason, and Jacob!


This was the caboose we slept in. It had a queen bed and a bunk bed for the boys!



Jacob, Katie and Jeff



Tyler, Spencer and Ben.



Alex of course loved driving the train!!

It was such a fun trip but mostly because we got to spend time with the thing we miss most from NY and that is our friends!!!! It was great to have all 3 families together just like the good ol days! I can't say anymore or I might cry just thinking about how much we miss all of them!



JACOB FLYS!!!! His 1st time on a plane.


Jeff's family was having a get together and since Jacob was free and hasn't gotten to meet the extended family Jeff took him on a fun trip.



I think he is wondering how in the world he can get that belt off of him. So cute!



Jacob and Uncle Tom!




Jacob and cousin Evelyn.
Since I wasn't there I can't go into details but it sounded like they had a great time! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Magee.
As for me it was kind of a weird couple of days. I have to admit that it was nice having a break from taking care of a baby. I mean they really can't do anything for themselves yet. It was nice to have the two older boys who, dress themselves , feed themselves, and are potty trained. However I really missed Jacob and kept thinking about him all of the time. It was just weird to not have him here. It is amazing how in just 10 months your life just completely changes and you couldn't imagine a life with out such a sweet boy! I am so thankfully for each and every day that I get to spend with each of my boys! Jeff included!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness!! so many fun adventures over the past little while.
    That caboose hotel looks AWESOME!! What a fun idea!!
    I can't believe how old Jacob is now. He looks so much like Mason. Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys are busy! All good stuff though. :)

    ReplyDelete