Monday, May 21, 2012

Jacob's new bed and decorated room

We decided it was time to move Jacob out of his crib and into a big boy bed. We didn't want to do it too close to when the baby is due, so he wouldn't feel kicked out of his bed for the baby. It was a learning experience. Jeff thought it would be a good idea to leave his crib in the room and I had forgotten to buy the bed rail, so I went with it. It was a disaster. We had the back of his crib against his bed and on the first night he cried and cried, and then he showed up downstairs. Jeff was upstairs so I thought he had let him out. We had put up a baby gate to keep him in. Well he had  he had learned to climb right over it. We had given up for the night and put him in his crib.  He cried and then he showed up downstairs again. I thought Jeff had let him out again, but no, he had now learned to throw himself out of his crib and climbed right over the gate. He had NEVER gotten out of his crib before. In one night he had learned to climb gates and throw himself out of his crib. I remembered I had a 2nd gate so we put him in his new bed put the two gates up and let him cry it out. The next morning we went in his room thinking that he was asleep in his new bed, but no he had climbed on his new bed and catapulted himself into his crib. What a crazy boy he is!!!
                              Jeff's next idea was to turn his crib around and take off the front and let him slowly transition over. Hence the pictures. I didn't really work. He mostly ended up in the crib.
  So finally I bought the bed rail and kicked the crib out. We finally painted his room and decorated it in a rocket ship theme with glow in the dark stars, which he loves. It only took him about 2 nights of crying it out for about 10 minutes and that was it. Now he is a  officially a big boy sleeping in a big boy bed. Well as soon as he potty trains then it will be really official.

                               Helping decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment