Friday, April 30, 2010

6 months old, zoo trip, and a day in the life of Mason

Jacob is 6 months old today! Wow how time has flown by! I can't believe that he is already half way to a year. It amazes me how much you forget what babies are like. He has been so much fun. He is very social and is now starting to really want to be where ever we are at. He LOVES watching his brothers. I think they are his favorite "toy". He has started to like playing peekaboo and laughs every time. He is FINALLY rolling over both ways! Hooray! He is just so stinkin cute! I am really enjoying him and feel everyday so happy to have him. Everyday I smile because of him. He is such a blessing in our home!

He loves his saucer. I think it is one of the top must haves for babies!

This is his new high chair. I LOVE it. It hooks right to the table so he there with us instead of separated. It comes on and off very easily and turns so you can face him any direction.


He is now eating bananas, rice cereal, and avocado. Yummy. It is very funny because he already wants to eat what we are having and cries for it. It's crazy.

A ZOO TRIP Alex had a school field trip to the Baltimore zoo. Jeff was a chaperon and I joined them at the zoo with the rest of the family.


Some of the kids in his class. The class left at 1:00 but we stayed for the rest of the afternoon. It was one of those perfect days. It was 70 degrees sunny with a cool breeze and hardly anybody there so you could really enjoy it. It was so nice.


The polar Bears were our favorite. They were soooo cool. The trainers were there trying to teach them new tricks. I think we stayed and watched them for over a half hour. The one polar bear kept coming right up to Mason and it didn't even phase him. The trainers agreed that she wanted Masons slushy!



They had a really nice nature walk with fun things for kids to do and see.



These turtle shells spun. How fun!



Jacobs first carousal ride!



A day in the life of Mason

Mason recently had his 1st dentist appointment. He was really nervous, but he did great. No cavities! Hooray! And the dentist said he was the best 3 year old she had ever seen!

That same day Mason went fishing. He had been begging me for a LONG time to take him. He had found the fishing pole and was caring it around everyday asking me when I was going to take him. I kept telling him I didn't know where I could take him. After about 4 days of this he finally looked at me and said " well mom just ask God." And as you can see God answers prayers. A really nice family in our church happened to have a pond on their property and invited us over. He did catch one fish, but I didn't get any pictures because I was busy trying to fix the fishing pole we brought that didn't work. It was very annoying!


And this is him at about 5pm. After a good day of fishing you always need a nap!





4 comments:

  1. Jacob looks so cute! What a sweetheart! And aren't days like Mason's wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been 6 months EITHER?!?
    Cute picts, going to the zoo is the best. That picture of Mason sleeping on the couch is so freaking cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That highchair is AWESOME!!! I want one!!!
    Way cute pictures. All of them!!!
    That last one makes any mom smile. :) Nothing better than a kid actually TAKING A NAP!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob is looking so grown up already! He is just too adorable though. And I love the chair you got him. I might be getting that too...we'll see this time around. Mason is too cute. Kudos for you for taking him fishing. You are such a fun mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete