For a week of our vacation we went camping in the Uintas.

Alex spilled some water in his chair and decided to dry his bum by the fire. I thought it was funny.

One of my favorite things about camping is the campfire and
smores at night. They boys loved it too
especially Mason. He couldn't wait for the ghost stories! We also told a chain story where everyone adds their own parts. I'll just say it was a very
interesting story. The stars at night were AMAZING there and we even got to see some shooting stars and
satellites.

Going 4 Wheeling.

Tyler and
Caitlyn got to come too and it was so great to spend sometime with them. I love you guys!

Jeff was the most excited about the fact that we were seeing snow in July. It even snowed briefly while we were there.

We went to Mirror lake to do some fishing. Something the boys always beg to do.

Jeff got his hook stuck on something in the lake and had to go in after it.
Brrrrr
Alex caught so many fish, he really got the hang of it and did great!

Mason waiting for his!

They caught Brooke trout, Rainbow trout, and Albino trout.

The Razor. Alex like riding in this the best.

We went on this awesome 4 wheeling ride to the top of a mountain and this was the river that you could see in the valley below. I thought the shape was so cool looking!

Looking out from the top of the mountain.

Mason caught the smallest fish ever. He didn't even know it was on his line!

We went on the loop hike around Mirror lake and the boys loved all of the little water falls.

Me and Jeff at Mirror Lake
We went on a 4 wheeling ride to Lily lake and here are some pictures of that adventure.

I love this picture. It truly was so beautiful up there. It was such a great camping trip. It was so nice to be without
technology for a week. If you know Jeff and having no
Internet not even his phone service is a huge event. But I don't think he even minded at all, he actually enjoyed
it too. Alex learned to play some card games while we were there, which I think was his favorite part. He is obsessed now with playing cards and even plays by himself against his pretend computer. It's great! The beauty of this world always reminds me of Gods love for us. What a beautiful world he created!
Oh, there is more:) SO BEAUTIFUL! I love it up there too. I need to plan a camping trip up there this year, we haven't been yet.
ReplyDeleteWow! Lots of gorgeous photos. :) It looked like fun. Next time we are in Utah we are going to have to find that diner. :) You guys are amazing for driving all that way! Next time you drive you'll have to stop in Minnesota- my brother in DC claims it's half way. :) Glad you had a great trip.
ReplyDelete