Then it was party time. Mason wanted a pirate party and so I planned what I thought was going to be the best pirate party ever. Oh how it bombed! I think someone shot a cannon at our party!lol
Disaster 2- Cannon ball toss. I had filled black balloons with water for them to toss back and forth. Jeff and I could toss it about 10 times, but apparently 4 year olds aren't that coordinated. Who knew!
Disaster 6- the slip n slide was great until some how it malfunctioned and the water stopped spraying on to it!
Disaster 7 - The cannon ball pop. Kids had black balloons tied to a string and then tied around their ankle. They were supposed to try and pop each others balloons. Only the sharp grass didn't give them a chance.
Disaster 8 - Did I mention that it was HOT!!!!!!
Disaster 9- They went on a treasure hunt to find the pinata. For part of the hunt they had to "swab" the deck with Q tips only once they got on the deck their poor feet were BURNING!
Disaster 10 - What a wonderful cake! That was not a disaster, but the fact that the candles kept blowing out from the wind before he ever had a chance himself was.
Disaster 11- Mason got a huge sliver in his foot from our deck. I had to carry him around for the rest of the party. poor guy!
Disaster 7 - The cannon ball pop. Kids had black balloons tied to a string and then tied around their ankle. They were supposed to try and pop each others balloons. Only the sharp grass didn't give them a chance.
If you are thinking that it couldn't get any worse well it did.
He did have fun opening his presents and got his first real big boy bike.
Before bed we broke out the sparklers which he loved. That night when I was laying down with him he said " Mom that was the best pirate birthday party ever, but I didn't like any of your games." What can I say -I love that Mason boo fella! I am glad he still said it was the best party ever. I also made a promise to myself never to throw a 4 year old pirate party again!
Before bed we broke out the sparklers which he loved. That night when I was laying down with him he said " Mom that was the best pirate birthday party ever, but I didn't like any of your games." What can I say -I love that Mason boo fella! I am glad he still said it was the best party ever. I also made a promise to myself never to throw a 4 year old pirate party again!
I wouldn't say it was a disaster. You thought of some WAY cool games. (even if Mason didn't like them. ha ha!)
ReplyDeleteHe is looking MUCH too old in those first couple of pictures. Wow!!
Happy Birthday Mason!!
I thought your party looked awesome. I love your game ideas. Too bad there was crying, but you can always change the captions under the pictures and remember it as fantastic a few years later- haha :)
ReplyDeleteOH NO, don't you hate that?
ReplyDeleteI am impressed that you went to those lengths, and all that matters is that they had fun, don't be too hard on yourself, you are an amazing mom.
Loved the play by play of Mason's party. Hope you are having fun in Utah. You are the queen of blogging! so many great posts!
ReplyDelete