This past Saturday we got to go to the air force base where Air Force One actually is stationed to see an airshow. It was quite an adventure. We had to park at the Redskins football stadium, wait in line to get through a security check point, and then wait in line again to get shuttled over on a bus. It was worth it!
Mason and Alex getting excited! Oh and on the bus ride back I got to learn what zilly bands are. Am I the last mom on planet earth to find out about them?!?!?
It was really amazing once we got there. There were hundreds of plane to look at and get on and explore. The boys were in heaven.

Even Jacob had a good time. We were a little afraid that he would be deaf after all of the loud over head planes went whizzing by or that they would at least make him cry because they even scared me and hurt my ears at times, but good ol' Jacob didn't even wince!

Alex has been wanting to be a pilot for a long time now and I think Mason does now too!
Trying to shoot Mom and Dad from the helicopter!

What a fun day it was! The best part is that it was free. The worst part. It took us 3 hours to get back to our car! The boys were great troopers though and didn't even complain so I still say it was worth it!
Mason had his last day of his 1st year of preschool! WE are so proud of him. He really has learned so much.
Mason got to have his pretend birthday on his last day. He is really confused now about why his birthday really isn't for another month. But he still had fun. We got to come in and the class had a mini graduation. They sang some songs and got a certificate. It was really cute!
Hopefully I will be back soon to post about t ball and our new trampoline! But I am sure you have had your fill of me blabbing for now.
(Note from Jeff, it is really tough to get pictures of jets going past you at 600MPH! This one was my favorite!!!)
They had all kinds of planes flying in the sky. I loved the ones that shot up like a rocket and then start falling to the earth spinning in circles and seeming like they were going to crash on the ground, but never did thankfully! But the best by far were the Blue Angels. I have never seen anything like it. They have to fly perfectly insync or they would all die. One wrong move and their all goners! I couldn't believe how close they got to each other! Did I say it was amazing? Because it was!
What a fun day it was! The best part is that it was free. The worst part. It took us 3 hours to get back to our car! The boys were great troopers though and didn't even complain so I still say it was worth it!
I have a couple more things I want to post. I am behind. We have been really busy the last little while. And I have been spending my after the kids are in bed time on reading and crocheting. I am now going to plug a book. Or should I say an Author. We have a sincerely genuinely nice Author who lives in my ward. I just read my first book that she wrote. It was great. She has a series out called Free Men and Dreamers which is a historical fiction series. I have heard great things about them. They are NOT anything churchy at all. These books are under L.C. Lewis. I will be starting them on our long drive to Utah. Yes you heard me drive! We are driving out! And yes we are crazy, but it will also save us a thousand bucks. The book I just read is Awakening Avery by Laurie Lewis. It is the same person. I guess just different pen name and it is a churchy uplifting kind of a book. So if you are looking for something good to read then Happy Reading. I love to support good people!
Hopefully I will be back soon to post about t ball and our new trampoline! But I am sure you have had your fill of me blabbing for now.
My kids are in heaven over air shows too. We get the thunderbirds here at HAFB. It's so amazing they held up so well taking 3 hours to get back to your car! What great boys! And congrats to Mason for making it through a year of preschool!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE the blue angels!! Saw them once and was totally amazed as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day!!
Um, if you guys are DRIVING to Utah, you can ALWAYS make one of your pit stops in Wisconsin. :) Free room and board!!! (and I would TOTALLY love to see you guys!!)
Just an idea. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhen are you coming to utah?!?! You better let me know cuz i probably wont find out unless you tell me!! Im so excited to see all of you!! :)
ReplyDeleteif you want to use our home in Chicago as one of your pit stops we would LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteI love the air show pics! Your boys look so excited. :)
ReplyDelete