Tuesday, May 11, 2010

random things

The boys were out in the back yard and Mason comes running to me telling me that he found a mouse. I am thinking oh great not mice. Then he tells me it is alive and that him and Alex touched it. So now I am really thinking OH GREAT! But to my great surprise it was a baby bunny! It was so adorably cute! Even Jeff who in general is not an animal person couldn't help but love this little bunny.


Since the boys had already touched and picked it up. We tried to find out if the mother would still take it. We actually found out that the nest was in our neighbors yard and got mowed over and our neighbor was taking the bunnies to a rescue center. We really wanted to keep him we named him Hopper, but you can't domesticate wild rabbits. We see the adults hopping all of the time in our yard and we did find another nest with tiny babies that hadn't even opened their eyes yet. I think this will be something fun every year we are here to look for the baby bunnies in the spring.

Alex and hopper


We miss that baby bunny!



I just loved this picture of Mason sleeping.




I took Jacob to his 6 month check up. He weighed 17lbs and 7 0z. He was 27 and a half inches long. He is a Big baby and I love it. So chubby and cute!



It was teacher appreciation week at school and this is the card Alex made for his teacher. I love his spelling. My favorite is Minee for many! They teach them to sound out spell and I think he did a pretty good job!

4 comments:

  1. WILD BUNNIES in your neighborhood, that is so freaking cute. I love bunnies!
    Kids sleeping is THE sweetest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I think it's going to be a great thing to see a bunny nest in your neighborhood!!! The boys' faces' are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy FOR YOU that it was not a mouse. :)
    Bunnies are Much more adorable.
    I just LOVE how little kids try to spell. It always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete