Mason had his 1st day of preschool today! Alex woke Mason up this morning saying" rise and shine it's your first day of school" to which Mason replied " No I am not going to school!"He is the exact opposite of Alex and was not happy or excited to be going to school.

He was happy about getting to wear a back pack, so that is what we tried to focus on.

Alex was excited for him and kept telling him how much he was going to like it. What a great older brother.

After this picture Jeff buckled him in the car and then the sadness began. He can't unbuckle himself and cried out "LET ME OUT OF HERE." and tried to kick his way out and started to cry. It was so sad, but thankfully I was able to calm him down. I told him I could stay with him for as long as he wanted which seemed to help.

I was so glad he had calmed down before we went in.

Ready to go in.

He found the sand table and was happy to be there. I only had to stay for about 15 min and then he was okay with me leaving. When I picked him up he was so happy to see me, but mostly excited to tell me how much fun he had in preschool. Before he went to bed tonight he asked if he had school tomorrow. When I told him no he said " Mom I have to keep going so I can keep learning." I couldn't believe that he was so excited to go again. I am glad he was able to overcome his fear of Preschool! We are so proud of him and I can't believe both of my boys are in school!
Ha Ha i think it's funny that he didn't want to go.. you would think he would want to after seeing how much Alex liked it!! I'm glad he had such a good time!! Both your boys are gonna be little smarties!! Love you guys!! Give the boys big hugs for me!! :)
ReplyDeleteJordan did the same thing... and then when I came back to get him was surprised that he liked it. It made me laugh. So what are you going to do for the next few weeks before the baby comes??? Sometime for yourself I hope!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe both of your boys are in school either. I am glad he liked it. Makes things easier on the whole fam.
ReplyDeleteGO MASON! How emotional! But I'm glad he got through his first day!
ReplyDelete