Sunday, October 2, 2011

school has started

August 30th was the 1st day of school!! And guess who started Kindergarten!

Mason on his 1st day of Kindergarten. He was really excited and not too nervous like I thought he would be. I think it really helped that he has the same teacher Alex had and has met her several times before.


Alex on his 1st day of 2nd grade. Lookin good!!


Now I have two in school and it is very strange to just have Jacob at home. Strange but really great to be able to finally give him some one on one attention.


Me and the boys.


Jeff and the boys

At the bus stop with his classmate and friend of 3 years now.


Mason with his friends


Getting on the bus!!! I have to admit that I was really sad! For so long I was VERY excited to send him but when it actually happened it was hard to let him go.

Now that they have been in school for a little more than a month I can do a little reporting.

Alex is doing great and we are so happy that he actually has a nice kind teacher this year. An answer to a prayer. She is very parent involved and even sent home asking us how we think he learns and what he likes and how we think she can help him best.

Mason really loves school and wants to go I thought that might be a problem so I am happy it is not especially since he likes to sleep in. Since it is a full day he leaves at 8 and doesn't get home until 3:30 so by Thursday he is exhausted and very ornery.

It has been really fun having him in school because he actually tells us stuff that happens something Alex will never do no matter how much I try.

So far he has told us all about using "I statements" to communicate and taught us about the analogy of how when we do and say nice things it fills his bucket and when we do mean or say unkind things it is like kicking his bucket and dumping it out. So now if we tell him anything he doesn't like he yells, "You just dumped my bucket!" It is very amusing to say the least.

The other day we were wrestling on the tramp and I put my head on his and told him he was to bony for a pillow and I was going to take him inside and feed him some fat to fatten him up. He got very concerned and said, "no mom we can't have fat we need lean mass." He also said to me the other day, "mom we need to protect our heads didn't you know we have brains in there." He has also been telling me all about our skeleton. I don't think I learned any of these health things until much older. It is very fun and entertaining coming from a 5 year old perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment