Monday, October 3, 2011

oh what do you do in the summer time?

Summer 2011. I know it is kind of lame that I am putting this on now and I know there are a ton of pictures so I don't expect anyone to read or look at everything. It is mostly for my own records/journal/scrapbook.
We went picking. You name it we picked it. It was a yummy good time.






Some of our very best friends came to visit. It was so fun staying up late every night talking to a best friend!


We went to Hershey Park twice this summer.
Jacob at his first job as an assembly line worker packing Hershey kisses. He didn't even get fired!!

Keep dreaming kidoes!

For Alex's birthday he really wanted to create his own Hershey bar so this was one of his presents. This is a picture of the finished present.
Watching their chocolate bar getting filled with the goodies they picked to go in it.


With Mr. Kiss himself. (Don't eat me)


Alex, Hannah, and Mason dressed to go.





It was actually a really fun thing to do. You got to choose 3 different fillings and the type of chocolate you wanted and then watch you bar getting made. This picture tells us how many more minutes until you bar is dry and ready to be packaged. You also get to design you packaging. I somehow lost all of the pictures of us at the park. So sad! :( But I can tell you we had a blast and went on really scary roller coasters. Also it was so great to have so many of our extended family members there with us. What great memories!!

We had fun making marshmallow structures.





It is a great rainy day activity.
We got to go to the temple

Families are forever!


We explored the beautiful world around us.





Grandma got to come out for almost a whole month and grandpa for over a week. It was awesome. We spent one day at Harper's Ferry.




Taking a bus ride to the town






While sitting at the train station a train came roaring by it was so close that I think we are all a little more deaf now, but the kids loved it! Who need hearing anyway right!?!?!







Walking over the bridge where the Shenandoah river meets the Potomac river. Very beautiful.


It was a fast and furious summer and I still can't believe it is over. Come back summer, come back there are still things I want to to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment