Friday, March 5, 2010

Magee Update

Life has been full of excitement. Here is a preview of what has been going on! Alex celebrated his 100 days of school at kindergarten. He got to take in 100 pennies, and made a necklace with 100 beads and a hat with 100 stickers. He was very excited to say the least! Kindergarten is flying by!
Jacob is 4 months old!!
He is becoming more and more social. He thinks the weirdest things are hilarious. He cracks up when you say Besert. Masons word for desert. Watch the video at the bottom to see what I .mean. He also loves 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, trot trot to Boston, and the patty cake song. He is still a great sleeper! He is now cutting 3 teeth. Yes I said 3! Poor baby. One is mostly though and the other 2 are still coming, but we can see them. What a joy he is to our family!
Mason tasted Sushi and likes it! We had a picture of him eating it, but I looked like 100 times and could not find it. Weird. So if I am not Loco by the time he graduates and leaves our house I will be surprised. Don't get me wrong I love this boy more than anything in the world but man is he persistent. So the other day a very nice woman invited me to go to a grocery store with her because she said it helps to go with someone who has been there before. It is a great place to stock up on food storage. So I get there and the 1st thing Mason sees is candy and starts begging for it. I say no. He then proceeds to get in front of the cart so that I can not push it and starts screaming. I try putting him in the cart, he climbs out and almost hurts himself. I should have jut left, but this store is about 20 minute away and my friend had rearranged her day to be able to meet me there. Finally she helps me by getting Mason to help her grab the stuff she was getting. Then I picked out some apples which he then insisted that we get a different kind, I gave in thinking you have to choose your battles. Then he wanted yogurt which we already had at home. Another fit. Then he sees Popsicles. Another fit. We are then ready to leave the store. He is screaming that we didn't get Popsicles. My friend had told me before that this place does not take credit card. I brought a check and got it out then she says oh they only take debit or cash. I didn't have debit on my card and then am wondering if I have enough cash for all of this food. Mason still screaming. Me wondering if I am going to have to put back all of this food. EVERYONE in the store is watching us. I did end up having enough cash. Mason wouldn't even let the guy put the groceries in the cart he was still trying to push it back to the Popsicles! Trust me I threatened him with his life and nothing worked. Lets just say that was quite the embarrassing moment. My question is what would you have done????? This kid will not even stay in time out no matter what. The only way we can get him to stay in time out is to lock him in and hold the door shut for 3 minutes. Then when it is over and we tell him he can come out and he won't.

So yes Mason is very stubborn. Jeff and I always laugh and say hey maybe it will help him someday. For example when he asks a girl out. Mason: Will you go out with me? Girl: No ! Mason: Will you go out with me? Girl: No! Trust me she will eventually say yes because Mason does not give up and hey he is so darn cute! Or when he is trying to get a job! Employer: sorry you didn't get the job. Mason: so what time do you want me here tomorrow!
Now for some cute Jacob time!


As for me I have been busy painting. Our whole house is painted in cheap white builders paint that is totally marked up so I have a lot of work to do! I will put pictures up when I am more finished. I also started playing basketball. I play Mon, Wed, Fri. I love it! When we moved I was really worried about what I would do to replace Jazzercise for exercise. I can say that I don't miss it at all. I love that I am getting exercise without even thinking about it. I hadn't played since I played in Young Women's and I wasn't great then and I am not great now, but I am not terrible and I am having lots of fun! Plus everyone is really nice. One girl did ask me if I played in High school when I told her no she said she was surprised because I was playing so well! Go ANNIE!! No I really am not that good! Like I said they are really nice!
Last but not least Jeff! He is enjoying living so close to DC! He got to take time off of work and go to the CPAC conference. He loved it. I think his favorite speakers were Mitt Romney, and Glen Beck.
Well I am falling asleep now so I hope that I have made sense! Thanks for listening to me blab. Boy I must really miss having my friends in NY to talk to!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!! So sorry about your shopping experiance. I think EVERY mother has been through something similar. So I can only feel bad for you, but smile at the same time. :)

    It sounds like Mason really will get what he wants out of life. Good for him!!! Peter was very persistant like that with me....... and now we are married. :)

    Alex looks so cute in his 100 hat!!

    And Jacob........gosh I love that giggle!!!

    Way to go on your basketball playing!! I think you are good........but just humble about it. Trust me, if you were as bad as I am, NO ONE would say you were good. ha ha! (even Tyler laughs at me.......and he is five!!)

    I actually heard the Glen Beck talk on the radio. I am so jealous that Jeff got to go to that!!! Glen Beck ROCKS!!!

    Okay, this comment is totally huge now, so I best be done.
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to move to a new place and not have friends, keep up the blogging and basketball playing and you will find comfort once again.

    I am glad you are all doing well there. That video is so freaking cute. He looks exactly like Alex and exactly like Mason... but different. It is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mason! I have had the same problem numerous times. I don't think I would have done anything different. Sometimes you just have to do what you do to survive.

    Jacob is so adorable!!! I loved the video... such a fun personality.

    And I can imagine how much fun Alex has had... Jordan has been doing the same things in school too. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the movie. Cann't wait to see you guys in person.

    ReplyDelete