Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm still in shock!

I still can't believe it, but Jeff has finally let go of his most prized possession. I never thought it would happen, but he has finally decided that letting go of the "fast" car as we call it, was the best thing to do for our family right now. He needed a car that doesn't guzzle gas for his long commute, and a car that our whole family could fit in. We really debated jut keeping it and having 3 cars, but ultimately knew that wasn't really responsible. We made sure to capture some pictures before the trade in.


The boys loved dads fast car. It was a special treat for dad to take them for a ride and he always made sure they got to feel some speed.


Jacob wanted to drive too!

I think Alex is going to want a fast car when he gets older! He loves it!


Dad and Mason having fun! Goodbye car! I am actually really going to miss it too. I promised Jeff that when our family dynamic changes he can get a fast car again! Or Jeff says when he has his next mid life crises! lol He did take the boys our for one last spin. They got to do some driffting and all came home with big smiles on their faces.



So here is the responsible dad car. It is a Sable Mercury 2009. Jeff got it at a really great price. It is fully loaded, leather seats that can warm, a sun roof, you can talk to it and say call so and so and it will, so it is pretty nice. Just not as fast:( Someday someday!














4 comments:

  1. Oh!!! Is that a tear I see on Jeff's face?!! :)

    That is the same car he had while in Connecticut.......right? I remember a very scary drive in that car. Let's just say that your husband is now a safer man without it. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is the same car! When Jeff read my post he Said I made a mistakr because I am his most prized possession! How sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is kind of sad, but I guess it is time to grow up:)
    We are in the process of selling the jeep, we HAVE been a 3 car family, kind of embarassing, but it kind of saved us a couple of times (long story)

    Way to go Jeff, we are proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you let go of the car. I guess letting go lets your dream of the next fast car.

    ReplyDelete