I can't believe I have a 5 year old! It really does go by so fast, it makes me sad. If I really could I would freeze him right now! We told him he could choose what he wanted to do for his birthday and all he wanted to to do was take the train to New York City and ride the subways. He chose that over having a party. I wonder if his train/subway obsession will ever end. It probably wont and when he is older he will be the one inventing and engineering the newest trains. He has been such a blessing to our lives and we couldn't imagine what it would be like without him! It has been a great 5 years!

We had birthday cake for breakfast since we would be gone all day in the city. He LOVED IT! Why can't we have cake for breakfast everyday???

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge.

At the New York Transit museum. Alex got to pretend to drive the subway.

At the train station getting our tickets.

Riding the train. What a great birthday. We love you!
It's hard to believe they are 5, huh? It's even harder to believe they will both (Alex and Jordan) be in Kindergarton. Man Annie, we are getting old!
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny kid! Wanting to ride the train for his birthday and not party it up. ha ha!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I remember when you had just given birth to him. It DOES go by fast!!
haha of course alex would want to ride trains instead of a party! lol! love you guys! tell alex happy birthday for me!
ReplyDeleteFIVE YEARS OLD!!!! Doesn't that make YOU feel old, Annie. That is crazy.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Alex.