These last couple of weeks have been kind of crazy. Alex has had major allergies and scratched his eye so much that he broke a blood vessel. We found a tick on Mason and of course I freaked out since lyme disease is a very real problem out here. It was in his belly button and when we tried to get it out the head got stuck in. The Dr. told me to bring him in and then did nothing. Don't you love that. Thanks for taking my 20 bucks! Mason was having the same symptoms as Alex so I thought he just had allergies too, but then he got a fever of 105! Very scary. Turns out he had a double ear infection and pink eye which he then gave to Alex. I as well ended up with a sinus infection and broncitis. So in two weeks I think I went to the dr. 5 times. So yes it has been a little rough. Now for the good news! My mom had some vacation she had to use or lose. So she last minute decided to fly out here. What a blessing! It has been so nice to have some one to help especially when everyone is so sick! She gets to stay for a week hooray! It is funny that even when you are old the ONE person you want when your not feeling well is your mother!

My mom and Mason

Alex and grandma. He is a funny boy and would only get his picture taken when my mom told him she would give him a dollar .Then he stuck his tounge out in the picture. I don't know if he should have still gotten that dollar.

Ever since Alex had his birthday he saw a Metro North train that fits the wooden tracks for his train table and has been begging for is ever since. It was $30 and Jeff and I were like NO WAY. Eventhough he had his own birthday money to spend and had been earning money by doing chores at home. But ever since then he will not stop talking about it. So I told my mom and she reminded me of when I was in JR high and just had to have the $70 brand name pants eventhough I could have bought 3 pair of the non brand. Then you know I started feeling some sympothy for Alex and could kind of understand his " need" then. Alex still had some birthday money saved and was working on earning more then grandma showed up and brought him $10 from Grandpa. He was SOOOOO happy. He wanted me to take a picture of him and he did a happy dance. Am I making a big mistake????

Just thought this was a funny picture of Alex trying to take a drink out of the sprinkler. I don't think he was very succsessfull.
I am sorry to hear about all the illness! I know how that goes! And when us Moms get it too.. it makes life even more crazy! How fun to have your mom come and spend some time with you! I completely agree... there is just something about moms that make life so much better! I hope Alex enjoys his train and it all works out. Good luck with everything, your boys are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteOH Annie!! I feel so bad for you!! Well at least Grandma was able to go out there and help you out!! Alex is a silly boy!! But you have good kids, well because your a great mom lol!! Love you and hope you start feeling better and the boys get better too! BRE =P
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow!! You guys got slammed didn't you!! I actually got limes diseas when I was a nanny out there......it is NO fun!!
ReplyDeleteAlex just cracks me up. What fun boys you have!! Love it!!