Sunday, March 22, 2009

busy couple of days

This last week has been a busy one. Jeff and I were in charge of feeding lunch to over a hundred scouts on Saturday. Thankfully everything went well and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Teenage boys are always fun right! What am I going to do when mine reach that age?!?! Scary! One of my best friends had her baby, so we had the pleasure of getting to watch her other 3. I always think it is nice because my kids are so entertained and I don't have to do all of the playing! It also gave me experience of what it would be like to feed 5 small children all by yourself. Wow what a work out. Her baby is super cute. Alex was so excited to see him. He loves babies! He was already trying to impress the baby by showing him tricks. He kept saying look at me baby, while standing on one leg and leaning over. While the rest of this has been going on Mason has been really sick with some kind of virus. We don't normally let our kids sleep in our bed but since he kept waking us up every hour crying we have been putting him in our bed. Last night while he was cuddling up to me I was thinking back to when I was pregnant with him. I remember thinking how will I ever love this child as much as I love Alex. I just had so much love for Alex I couldn't imagine how I could spare some of that love. But then of course Mason was born and it is amazing how a parents heart can grow so much. That I can love both of my boys truly equally but differently . It reminds me of how eventhough Heavenly Father has many many children he loves us all equally but differently as well. I am thankful for that love in my life. This is around the time that I would have been having my baby. It has been hard, but I am very grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves me and that someday I will have that baby to raise. I am very grateful for that knowledge. Sorry this has been so random but I just felt the need to share. So thanks for listening to me blab.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, you are so strong! And busy too! I have been watching a friend of mine's kids as well cuz her little one that is Josh's age is in the hospital right now. It can get mighty crazy with 6 kids at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post!!! I love you Annie!!
    You always see the world in a way I wish came natural for me.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Annie!

    You have a beautiful family and I love your attitude on life.

    I'm so glad we reconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post, I am tired after just reading it... 5 small kids. WOW.
    I totally had the same fear of not feeling like I had enough love to go around because Macie had ALL of it. But sure enough I was given more, just for Hazel:)

    ReplyDelete