Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Happenings

This Christmas season seems to be flying by. I can't believe Christmas is only 6 days away. I never even got Christmas cards sent out. Sorry there won't be any. It has still been a magical Christmas time and here are some of our doings!

Alex and Mason with Santa. Alex wants a rocket and Mason a Treasure box. We'll see if they have been good or bad on Christmas day. Don't you just love always telling your kids Santa is watching them. Too bad it isn't working with Mason this year. He even told me he wanted coal. He thinks it will make a great coal drawing and a nice warm fire to sit by! We just have to love him and we sure do.
Grandpa came for a visit and we got to make a gingerbread train with him!

Alex was an angel in our church Christmas play. He did a great job singing! He really didn't wait to be an angel. Angels are girls...... So I had to remind him of Angel Gabriel and Angel Moroni. He finally agreed he could play the part.


Mason singing in his preschool Christmas program. It was very cute and even with all of the many children singing we could still hear his sweet voice above all of the rest!



Mason takes hundreds of pictures of Jacob, so I thought I would include one.



PRICKLY POLLY CHRISTMAS (the name of our Christmas tree this year)
We always love to cut our own and this is the one we chose this year!



Jacob did not like this event he cried when the tree came down.



Alex and Jeff sawing the tree down. It was Alex's 1st time getting to help.



Decorating the tree!





One year a while ago we had a tree that was really prickly and decided then that we would never get one again. Well some how we didn't realize that this tree was like that. We actually had to use gloves to put most of the ornaments on it. Hence it's name. We do love it though and I wish it could stay year round and would never die! It's so beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Jacob is walking? I can't believe he is that old!
    The tree is so pretty. Is it keeping Jacob from touching it at least?
    Merry Christmas, I love all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun when kids are old enough to enjoy Christmas.
    I love how Mason wanted coal. ha ha! He is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Fun! What a great tradition to cut your own tree every year. :) I am slightly sad you aren't sending cards- I need your new address so I can send yours & I can't find your email either to send you a note to send me your address. My email is chelebug at mail dot com
    Seeing your Christmas tree blog is kind of cooler than a card. :)

    ReplyDelete