Sunday, January 24, 2010

Funny things

Today I was thinking about some of the funny things my kids have been saying.
Alex- We knew that when he started kindergarten that he would probably be hearing his friends saying the Lords name in vain. So we had a family home Evening on How we shouldn't say that word, because we didn't want him innocently picking it up at school. Like two days later he came home and said my friends took the Lords name INSANE and I told them that we should not take the Lords name Insane. I told them to say oh my hecks instead. All Jeff and I could do was smile. Fast forward to 3 months later and He comes home and says mom I don't want to ride the bus any more because the bus driver listens to bad music. Us.. . What does the music say... Alex.... well it says we should marry the Lord and that is taking the Lords name insane and we should not marry the Lord that is just wrong. He is so funny. Jeff and I are pretty sure that the bus driver must be listening to some kind religious music and had a great time trying to explain that to Alex.

Mason- We went to the visitors center at the temple to hear a concert. I got out of the car and ran in with Jacob because it was so cold. Meanwhile Mason is telling Jeff hurry hurry I don't want mom to get married with out us.. I want to get married too! After the concert he says mom I am so glad we just got married at the temple.
Mason has also gotten great at making up his own words for things. They are hilarious. Balloons are Kablooms Helicopter is Helicadoctor. Alex used to be Alkiss. I still miss him saying that one. We love his invented words!

Jacob- He is just constantly making us smile with all of his cooing and it sounded like he said Hi!
In other news Jeff and I spoke in sacrament meeting today we are so happy it is over with and even more excited that people have told us that the ward is so big that it might be 2 years before we have to talk again. It is a BIG change from having to speak like 3 times a year in our old ward!

4 comments:

  1. I love it. :) Kids are so fun. I think kindergarten is when my kids have come home and told me that they are shocked so many kids say bad words all the time at school like the s word, which actually ends up being the word stupid, which I have told my kids not to say. Ah, if only that stayed the s word.
    Not being a big fan of christian rock type music myself, I'm going to agree with Alex and say the bus driver does listen to bad music and he should not be forced to ride the bus any more. :) That story made me smile- that would be interesting to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE ARE SO FUNNY! I love what they say, and every kids is so different. I love watching how their minds work and what how they process things.
    SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your kids gave me a good laugh today!!! I love the hilarious things kids say! Oh and the invented words are great too!!! I bet you are so glad to have your talk in sacrament meeting over with. That is high stress... I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many funnies!! This post made me laugh so hard. I LOVE your boys!!!

    ReplyDelete